Monday, August 03, 2009

Purple Blossom Card

Here in Canucky Land, today is a civic holiday, I think that means the people who are civil get a day off. Us other mean folk have to work. But for me in the summer everyday is a holiday and a workday take my pick. heehee.

Pulling another card out of my box,



Deets:
-Background: CB Embossed and Distress ink using blending tool ( one of the purples and a bit of antique linen ) and a bit of chalk on the leafy parts.
-Oval Nestabilities and Shapeabilities - Floral Accent that I distressed with antique linen and a purple and added matching distress stickles.
-Digital set used: A Lovely Blossom & Butterfly
-Flowers coloured with pencils and OMS and glitter glue dotted in the center. - on the leaves, you can really see the sheen the pencil gives your paper... if you lightly rub your pencilled areas with a tissue, it buffs and evens the sheen. I personally like the shine.

Off to do something with my children, they have been with the grandfolk last week. I think I missed them more than they missed me LOL!

Have a great day!
:)* Fred

5 comments:

RosesMarijke said...

Very beautiful card!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, love the classic look on this one.
Sue xx

Vicki said...

Very pretty card...I need to learn how to distress...I like the look. Thanks...hope your day was wonderful!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely, such pretty coloring of the background and image!

Christine said...

Hi, I am a newcomer to your blog after seeing you mentioned over at coldwaters2 blog.
I have added you to my sidebar and also become a follower of your blog, which is truly inspirational.
This is a gorgeous card, my favourite colours. Have spent an hour browsing and also downloaded your freebies, which are beautiful.
Will be checking you on a regular basis now.
Love & Hugs
Christine xx