Sunday, September 23, 2007

Foldy Flowers PT 3: Pom Pom Dahlia by LILY STUBBS


Here is another way to use the foldy flowers. Lily Stubbs made this card for me :) It's a bookatrix with her Pom Pom Dahlia on it. The tiles used are anywhere from 1.5 to 2 inches depending on how big you want the flower to be... 1.5 " is the safest bet if you want to fit it on a standard 1/4 fold card. Lily says she used 18 tiles to make the dahlia.

Lily had me baffled and amazed for the longest time with this dahlia! Thanks to her great instructions, I think I can do these now ;) She also included a placement diagram ( to do steps 5 & 6)

EDIT: Lily wanted to add that you glue the individual petals onto the flower from the back ( back facing you)... in case you haven't figured that out. Thnx. :)





Please check Lily's SITE out, she is a very talented lady and, and, I believe, a pioneer in circle and multi-shaped tile folding! A true inspiration. I also drool everytime I see any of her punched and quilled creations!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning medallion. I've definately got to try this one out. Thanks for posting it, and sharing your beautiful designs.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful medallion. Love Lily Stubb's site. I too am a member of COC.